CHEROHALA SKYWAY Travel Writer Policy
For Press Releases, Press Kits, Request Information, Travel Writers visits, FAM Tours, please contact Nicole Yates by email email@example.com or 1-800-245-5428 or 1-423-253-8010.
The Monroe County Dept. of Tourism is the official organization representing the Cherohala Skyway, better known as the "Gateway to the Cherohala". Please take a moment to read our Travel Writer Policy:
At least three weeks prior to your visit, we ask that you provide the following information:
Name of journalist/photographer
Contact phone numbers/email address
Brief biographical sketch
For what publications you write
Examples of work (not more than one year old)
Name of targeted publications
Focus of story
Arrival and departure dates
Any special interest
1. Complimentary arrangements are available, but some limitations apply. Limitations are based on availablityand seasonal activity.
2. The writer will be responsible for all costs incurred by family members or others accompanying the writer.
3. All transportation cost to get here will be the responsibility of the writer. Some transportation can be provided by Monroe County Dept. of Tourism staff if needed, but prior arrangement will be required. Car rental will be the responsibility of the writer.
4. Monroe County Dept. of Tourism will work with each writer to provide appropriate contacts, itineraries and arrangements to meet individual assignment needs.
5. Tear sheets of any stories are to be provided to Monroe County Dept. of Tourism in a timely manner. Thank you for your interest in our area!